Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Harvest Time

Already I have a tree out front that is beginning to shed leaves like crazy and it is just the first day of Fall. The leaves just turned overnight last night and at this rate the tree will be bare in a couple of days.

Sherry is home preparing peaches for freezing. I helped her yesterday and we put up 16 pints and I ate six pints so today she told me to get lost. But I will have to go home soon for a teleconference so I will help her get them into the bags. She still had a 1/2 bushell to do when I left home a while ago. I always loved the harvest season. We would butcher deer and and put up duck and geese and of course there was always fish. But the veggies in the canning jars is what really turns me on because they are so pretty when they are done and the shelves in the storage room are all full. And they always taste so good. Come what may, at least there is food to eat. The Lord blesses us greatly.

No comments:

Post a Comment