Friday, September 11, 2009

It's a Rainy Day Today, Look for the Sunshine



Today it is raining. Not a down pour just a soft, warm, good steady rain. One that you would like to walk in. The kind that makes every thing smell so fresh. We had one about three nights ago that was just the opposite. It was a crashing thunder, electrifying lightening, head banger that picked you up off the bed about three feet at four in the morning when it hit. Would you believe 2.56 inches in about 30-45 minutes. Filled the basement window wells and we discovered there was one window that was not sealed. Yep flooded the food storage room. Didn't really hurt anything, the only thing on the floor was the cat food and it didn't get to that. Had some food under the window that got wet but dry it out and the cans won't rust. We were protected in spite of it all.

I really love the soft rains especially after the rain when the clouds are still dark but the sun shines through and highlights the terrain with possiblly the hint of a rainbow. I can hear the soft roll of thunder outside my office now. When I was a young lad, really young if that were possible, my mother used to tell me that the cooks up in heaven had spilled a bag of potatoes and they were rolling down the stairs. Amazingly enough I just ralized what I was hearing is how I would imagine they would sound. After all these years..... I love to walk and do so every day at least a mile, usually a little more, but at my age I forego the rainy days. I leave that to the memories of yester-year. I would still enjoy it but doubt that my old body would. Please bear in mind that I do not feel that old but I am like an old automobile. If it is old and still in good condition you kinda baby it so that it will stay that way. I have no desire to go to the junk yard yet. Have a good day and don't forget to look out you window.

No comments:

Post a Comment