Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Yesterday was Labor Day. I want you to know I did everything possible to not labor the entire day. In the afternoon I took my wife to see Walt Disney's "Up". It was an awesome movie. The first ten minutes was the most beautiful tender love story that one could ever want. But from then on it was all adventure, with just a small reminder of the love in the background. The ending was just right . It was not a sad story nor a happy story but was what ever you wanted it to be. When my wife wasn't crying she was laughing and she loved it. Thanks Walt, We had a wonderful time together.

Last night it rained. A real window rattling thunderstorm with blinding lighting for about an hour in the wee hours of the morning and yes it woke us up. I couldn't help but think of all the little critters that were scrambling for safety or even for their life. How does it feel to be a tiny little critter and get caught up in a river of runoff into the street, down the gutter and into the abyss of the storm drain. I thought of a photo that I once made, called "Natures Umbrella". While in reality, the subject only about two and on half inches high, it must have provided protection to at least one or maybe several little critters on several occaisions at least during its short life then to move on to another time, perhaps another life, to another service, after all that is what we are all about isn't it? Service too others? We are here for a time and then it is time for us to move on also.

No comments:

Post a Comment